Mergers and Acquisitions
Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
Project Finance and Tax Equity
Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
Restructuring and Workouts
Renewable Energy (Solar)
Sales and Digital Marketing
Media and Entertainment
J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law, cum laude, 2012
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, Minor in Spanish Language, University of San Diego, cum laude, 2010
Matt works with companies during all stages of their growth – from startup to more mature operating companies. He structures and negotiates to closure debt and equity financings, M&A transactions, and complex commercial agreements. He regularly acts as outside general counsel for companies by advising business owners and management on legal issues that arise on a daily basis, including litigation planning and strategy, employment, intellectual property, and corporate governance.
Prior to co-founding Sprinkle & Lloyd &Licari LLP, Matt was an associate of D’Egidio Licari & Townsend, APC, focusing on civil litigation, and most recently, served as in-house counsel for a publicly traded solar finance company. While serving as in-house counsel, he was a member of a small team that served to wind-down the company’s operations, including restructuring corporate debt, negotiating with trade creditors, resolving employment matters, and working with government agencies.
He is professionally conversational in Spanish and has represented Spanish-speaking clients in both transactional and litigation matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions and Capital Markets
Matt has structured and negotiated to closure:
- senior and mezzanine debt facilities, including the issuance of convertible and non-convertible notes, and equity financings in the aggregate amount of USD $70M
- asset purchase agreements of two separate portfolios of solar projects totaling over USD $60M
- unique revolving construction facility to support solar project construction costs totaling USD $50M
- numerous solar tax equity funds having an aggregate portfolio value of USD $100M
Contracts and other Written Agreements
Matt has reviewed and drafted:
- financing agreements including without limitation loan agreements, security agreements, intercreditor agreements, subordination agreements, and asset sale agreements
- sales and marketing agreements, equipment installation agreements, warehouse and storage agreements, and vendor warranty agreements
- company board minutes, board resolutions, and press releases
- executive employment agreements, severance agreements, and equity compensation plan agreements
Matt has represented English and Spanish-speaking clients at all stages of litigation including during discovery proceedings, motion hearings, case management conferences, trial readiness conferences, settlement conferences, mediations, arbitration hearings, and superior court trials.